Sunday, June 19, 2011

Shameless Promoter

Got back early this afternoon from Haiti. Much accomplished. They had steaks on the grill waiting for me. We drank Dad's Root Beer (Jon's idea), Sue got me a great "Plays in the Dirt" t-shirt (I already have the hat), and Katie got me this great Survivor hat.  "Outwit. Outplay. Outlast." I have it on as I type.  (I would so win that game).

Having just returned from Haiti, and with several awareness events coming up, I really have alot to blog about and lots of cool pictures to share. I'll keep this one short, as it's getting late and I'm pretty travel-weary.

I really hope you will put these events on your calendar and help me promote them. They're fun things really meant to bring exposure to Starfysh and what we're trying to do for the people of La Gonave.

Saturday, July 2nd  9 AM - 12 Noon  Hostas for Haiti. Come on over to my house and take some of my gazillions of Hostas off my hands. All profits go to help our work in Haiti.

Friday, August 12th   First Annual Starfysh Golf Scramble  12:30 Shotgun Start  Venue: The Golf Club at Thornapple Pointe, Grand Rapids  Cost $110 per person which includes a great awards banquet at 6PM there at the course.  Lots of fun, contests, prizes.  Get up a foursome and join us!  Email me if you're interested  steve@starfysh.org  We'll have a registration brochure on the site www.starfysh.org later this week.

Saturday, August 27th  Grand Rapids 5K Mud Run.  Join Team Starfysh as we raise awareness of our efforts to transform an island.  Gather up some friends and sign up for the craziness ( www.grandrapidsmudrun.com ).  Once you register, let us know how many of your friends are going, and all your names, so we get enough t-shirts. This event will fill up, so register early!

Such a shameless promoter, I am.

1 comment:

Tammie said...

Promote away shamelessly! Such impotant work you're doing in Haiti.