Saturday, May 28, 2011

Very A-peel-ing

I am hoping for a good turnout at my second Hosta Rescue (July 2). I did it on a whim a couple of years ago as sort of this cornball thing to do, and don't you know, we had people prowling around our yard most of the day and we took in big bucks. So hey, I wasn't born yesterday. And Lord knows I do have the hostas.

I am weird with my hobby of growing hostas, I know that. But it's fun. It gives me pleasure. Plus, I know that every hosta I split and plant lessens my carbon footprint just a bit. I suppose I'll feel that way too when we get going planting mango trees and avocado trees and banana plants all over the island of La Gonave, Haiti.

We just ordered our first banana plants. Our vision for La Gonave is to plant a quarter million of them this decade. They cost us just 3 bucks each to purchase and deliver. Very a-peel-ing.

Blessings,
Steve

No comments: