Monday, December 27, 2010

Faithful


54 years old and diggin' this grandpa thing.



I guess I'm weird... Most people, when I ask them if they make resolutions say they don't. But I do. Every year.

They're never specific. Vague bullet points more than anything... Eat smarter. Simplify. Pray more. Write more. Stuff like that.

This is the week, the week between Christmas and New Year's Day, that I'll start thinking about mine for 2011.

Looking back, my resolutions have never really stuck. I fail. I forget. I fail and I forget... every time.

I will always and forever look back at 2010 as a watershed year in my life. Exhilarating. Exhausting. Humbling. Gratifying.

In the final analysis, resolutions kept or not, the main thing I want to be able to say at the end of each year is that I've been faithful to God's call on my life.

To be faithful... not a bad resolution.

No comments: