Thursday, July 01, 2010

School this Morning

These kindergarteners have met in an outside classroom since the earthquake. They were studying the human body when I was there this morning. This photo was taken less than two hours ago.

I visited many classrooms today, talking with them and answering some of their questions. In many of them I asked for a raise of hands of how many had eaten today. Average was 1-2 out of 30.

None of the children you see have eaten today.

72 cents would fill one of their little bellies with a well-balanced nutritious meal and drink.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These pictures are worth "a thousand words" and make the whole feeding project so necessary. I'm reminded of the words of Jesus in Matt 25, "in as much...unto one of the least of these..unto me"
Doris at IWU