Sunday, March 28, 2010

Of Tarps and Donkeys


This first picture shows a crowd of homeless tent dwellers waiting when the tarps arrived. In the second photo they are thanking God for their couple of tarps. Thanking God.

Dear friends, I am so thankful for your many kind kudos, but please understand, God did this. It sort of reminds me of what Mother Theresa said to someone one time when they had said something nice about her. "Do you think," she said, "when Jesus rode the donkey through the cheering crowds of Jerusalem that the donkey thought it was about him?"

I'm just a donkey, carrying Jesus.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Dr. Edmondson,

I am the West MI Wesleyan Women director. Thank you so much for all your ministry to the Haitian people. My heart is touch with the way our Wesleyan people have responded to their need.

My question to you is, would you be willing to come to our annual convention/mini retreat (about 90-100 women) on Sat. June 26, 2010, to share your experiences and heart with us? It will take place at West Berlin Church, Lake Odessa. Please include any pictures, power point or anything for a display. If you are able and willing I know we would be blessed. Let me know how that works for you.

Blessings,
Saundra Lawson
West MI WW Dir.
SL4faith@gmail.com
517.331.1415

Steve said...

I might be able to Saundra. I just emailed you to get more details.

Unknown said...

Thank you, I have responded to your email.