Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Good Noogie


Right after the public launch of Starfysh (November 18th) one of my partners was deployed to Iraq for four months of overseeing the medical operations at the US base in Mosul. (This was his third deployment since 2001, one to Afghanistan, two to Iraq). He returns in a couple of weeks, so my schedule at the office should no longer own me. (Frank, I love you man, but I'm gonna give you a good noogie when I see you). Just kidding. He is a lieutenant colonel in the Army Reserves. He is also a veteran of the Viet Nam war. The picture to the left is Frank standing in front of a bunch of valentines that Sue's Young Five's class sent him. That pic landed on the front page of our newspaper.

Needless to say, I've had to "mind the store" back home, and I've not been able to get to Haiti since launch. I had a brief (long weekend) visit planned, but we had a blizzard on the day I would have left. (The weather people were calling it "a storm of historic proportions." It indeed was historic... I've never not left my house for three days straight). I've also not blogged much. (I've heard about that plenty too. Even my wife has told me I needed to get on the ball and start writing again). I have been writing, just not blogging.

Starfysh is now a year young. There is much to share...

No comments: